We offer biomass briquette lines that mitigate many of the common biomass quality issues by converting almost any biomass source into consistent quality briquettes. A briquette line can be used as a part of a biomass gasification power plant or as stand-alone facility to produce fuel briquettes for sale.Briquettes for gasification have the following advantages:
- Downdraft gasifiers produce the cleanest syngas compared with all other gasifier types. However, they require fuel conforming to strict specifications, including size, moisture, bulk density, ash content, mechanical strength and others. Wood chips can easily be dried to required moisture, but this does not always ensure required chip size and uniformity. Indeed, much of the wood chip available on the European market is too small to be used in gasifiers 'as is'. Coarse and uniform wood chips for WBG gasifiers usually must made of round timber which is very costly and not compatible with using low cost biomass sources for gasification. Using briquetting systems, you can produce wood briquettes from any wood sources – forest waste, sawmill residues, low quality wood chips, wood sawdust and shavings, tree or vine prunings.
- Briquettes can be made from any agricultural wastes with ash content < 5% and ash fusion temperature > 1,150°C e.g. rape straw, olive pomace, sucarcane bagasse, cotton plant, rice, soybean, and sunflower husk. Such briquettes can be used in large WBG gasifier models rated up to 5,000 Nm3 syngas per hour instead of several smaller FBG gasifiers.
- Mixed briquettes can be made from certain agricultural wastes with low ash fusion temperatures, e.g. wheat straw, corn stalk, grape pomace and pruning, and so on, with wood sawdust added to increase ash fusion temperature of briquettes.
- Briquettes are more uniform in size and moisture compared to wood chips. This leads to more stable operation of the gasifier and generation of gas with lower fluctuations in heating value and impurities content.
- Briquettes have much higher bulk density and contains more energy in 1 kg than loose wood chips. This decreases fuel storage and consumption and gives an opportunity to install smaller gasifiers with lower cost for the same power generation.